Bring Your Own Plane
For some pilots, who may wish to fly alternative aircraft not listed in their hanger database, pilots can fly their own favorite payware or freeware X-Plane
aircraft for Cal Air.
Pilots just submit their flight via the BYO Option, eg: Acars Flight Number Prefix, BYOxxxx x being numbers of their choosing
Requirements and Prerequisites
- BYO aircraft must be currently in service with a valid aircraft ICAO
- BYO flight reports can count toward the Pilot's Monthly Minimum Requirements
- BYO flights may be flown either Offline or Online (Cal Air Online Guidelines apply)
- BYO flights will be monitored by the BYO Administrator and Regional Managers
- BYO flights must be able to be verified via Google Earth.
- Only aircraft that the pilot is qualified to fly will be accepted
- No military combat, rescue type, spacecraft, or experimental aircraft will be allowed at this time
- There will be no technical support by California Airlines for any BYO aircraft