Currently Pilots may fly a Payware or Freeware version of our Cal Air Aircraft outlined in each of
the Pilot Rankings, because of requests from Cal Air pilots, the list of available aircraft to be flown for
California Airlines has been expanded to include their favorite payware and freeware aircraft.
The official Cal Air fleet of aircraft have been modified and tested
to be high quality, well documented X-Plane aircraft, that our pilots have enjoyed flying.
But now, with the implementation of the BYO program, our pilots will be able to fly other
X-Plane aircraft that are available outside of the California Airlines stable of aircraft.
California Airlines Administration reserves the right to change, modify,
ammend, or discontinue all of the BYO Guidelines and Procedures without prior notification.
Requirements and Prerequisites
- The BYO Program is available for pilots with a rank of Cargo Pilot and Above
- BYO flight reports can count toward the Pilot's Monthly Minimum Requirements
- BYO flights may be flown either Offline or Online (Cal Air Online Guidelines apply)
- BYO flights will be monitored by the BYO Administrator and Regional Managers
- All BYO flights will be private-type flights, meaning that the pilot will choose the destinations and routes
- The pilot must use the class of BYO aircraft similar to those available at the pilot's Cal Air rank
- Only aircraft that the pilot is qualified to fly will be accepted
- All BYO aircraft must have a recognized ICAO code
- Payware or Freeware versions of California Airlines stable of aircraft are not eligible for the BYO Program
- No military combat, spacecraft, or experimental aircraft will be allowed at this time, however
military cargo or rescue type aircraft will be allowed
- There will be no technical support by California Airlines for any BYO aircraft